Thursday, October 29, 2009

Roper Twins = Boyfriend Stealers

We went to a party tonight.

We heard from our friend Carl (her real name is Carly), that she knows someone who knows about us, because apparently we steal peoples guys. She said the girl lives with her. Carl said that her friend said "you know the Roper Twins?" (in a 'oh my gosh I can't believe that voice.')

This is how the conversation with Carl's friend/roommate goes:

Us, "we are the Roper Twins, whose guys do we steal?"

Girl "wait what? How do you know the Roper Twins?" She is way confused at this point.

Us, "we are the Roper Twins." (said in unison)

Girl (face like oh my gosh, these are the twins) "well it was my friend, whose roommate (at college) use to talk about the Roper Twins and how they were stealing her guy, and she would talk about you guys a lot." (she told us who was saying it but to no embarrass anyone, I wont say who.)

We start laughing at this because seriously, Amanda and I have never had a ton of "girlfriends", we are always hanging out with guys. We have never intentionally "stolen" any one persons man. We are too kind nice. If you are one of our "girlfriends" feel privileged and know that we truly love you, because otherwise we wouldn't be your friend. Brutal honesty right there.

I had no idea people talked about us. I try to be everyone's friend. Nice to everyone. I feel special now that I know people talk about me.



Ladies, if you feel like we have "stolen" your guy friends or boyfriends, don't take it the wrong way, we didn't mean to. We don't do it because we are trying to, we have no idea that it is happening. We might just be really fun to hang out with.
We are truly sorry.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely consider myself one of your girlfriends and I am HONORED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't know if we are technically your girlfriends,since we are related and all, but feel free to take our husbands any time you wish!
    Mendy and Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls rock. Steal away, I say!

    ReplyDelete