Wednesday, October 21, 2009

An Interesting Day

Today was interim day. As of a few weeks ago I started working for a lobbyists. So, I currently work for a State Senator and a lobbyist. I am really, super busy. Today, was a crazy day working for both of my bosses. I had a few odd things happen.

1. I am sitting outside of a committee room waiting for a meeting to end, when out walks one lobbyist and is almost running up the stairs that were to my side. Another lobbyists basically runs out of the committee room and in a loud voice says "what are you doing Fred (name changed), you pull that and then walk away? That's it? You don't know anything about scenic byways!" The other lobbyist said "you don't know what the hell you are talking about." Then the 2nd lobbyist walks back down the stairs (mind you I know him well enough to not expect this) angry and upset. I don't know what happened in the committee but both sides were angry, there were still people in the hallway arguing for quite sometime.

Later in the day...

2. I had a state Senator who is an extreme democrat who had ordered a gun. The senator did not fill out her paper's correct, no id, and she was up in a committee. After this senator in high heels and I ran down the hallway to her office for her id. We walked into the Democrat offices and 2 other Senators were talking in the hallway (one of them is a know witch) and right when they saw me they stopped talking. Then the Senator that I was with said to me close the door while we were in her office. We were in there for at tops 15 seconds. When we walked out the other 2 Senators stopped talking. Seriously? They were standing right outside both of their offices, walk into your office to talk. I went down a floor to give the id to who needed it. Then, I had to go get her to actually pick her gun up. Because of all the different laws a certain party of legislators have passed I am not allowed to do that. So, she is sitting with another Representative who is also a democrat and I tell her she has to come and pick up the gun. As she is running out the door the Representative whispers rudely to me "can't you pick it up for her, we are up next (presenting in the committee)?" I say back "no, its a gun (while making a hand motion of a gun)." Seriously, it is because of them that I can't do that. The democrats were making the biggest fuss about what papers they had to fill out, etc. So, this Senator and myself are once again running down the hallway, the stairs and down another hallway (mind you my leg stride is much longer than her's), we get into the room and she yells at the group that are generously giving up of there time to help us "just give it to me!" Then she throws it at me to take to her office and is back out the door running down the hallway. Seriously? Chill pill? Maybe?

Quite a while later....

3. Sitting in my Senator's office when (I can't disclose who these lobbyists are but the two should never be friends or talk to each other), I heard the one lady lobbyist say "you are going to be getting a call from me later." She was mad about a bill, or the idea of a bill that was proposed this morning in a committee that was completely obliterated and smacked down. The lobbyist she was talking to, should not even be talking to her, seriously. He said "you know I always have time to talk to you." He should not be talking to her. Ridiculous.


To end the day, I am relaxing with Manda right now. We were watching a tv show and then what comes on Glee. All I hear is good things about this show. We love it. We were singing along. Already downloaded a few of the songs from the episode. It is great. We will be catching up on the other episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment