Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mile High City

Flew back yesterday from Denver. Didn't really want to leave. I was having way to much fun with the bro and sis-in-law. After a lovely early morning flight that consisted of cranberry juice and only two of us in our row we landed in this great city to be greeted by two older volunteers dressed in tan with cowboy hats on. The old man helped us by telling us where out baggage claim would be, we already knew we just let the old guy help us. We got to play with this families little guys, such cute little boys. Who knew throwing tennis balls into a slide could be so much fun. Then we went shopping! Brando loved it. A girl has got to find a pair of shoes for the Governor's Gala on Friday night. Sunday = SNOW! Oh and primary program, haven't seen one of those in ages. I beat Brandon really bad in cards that night.

Monday was great, I had 2 work out partners. I got to spend the day with my 2nd mom! Beckers use to live across the street from us in Boise, they moved away something like 7 years ago. In high school they would hear us starting the cruiser in the morning, sometimes twins argue, Mary Jo and Kimmers would watch us. There little guy Jake and I use to snuggle and watch cartoons, he doesn't remember because he moved when he was to young, he might think I'm weird now because I like to hug him when I see him. Beckers use to watch us do our annual snow dance on Christmas Eve on our driveway. They didn't think we were that weird, they knew we just loved the snow. Van has grown taller than me, and man what a cute kid. Kimmers skates for Disney, hopefully Amanda and I will get to see here in Seattle if not in Salt Lake! Daddy Dave, well I've never told him thanks for the things he has done for me, but one of these days I will. My mom always said "Girls, you need to find someone like your Dad and Dave." Mary Jo and I had lunch and went shopping. I came away with more shoes than I could fit in my bag. I love spending time with Mary Jo! Picture is of only a few of the fam, I couldn't find a whole family picture.

Note: All pictures are from other times I have been in Denver. Amanda was not present on this trip. She missed out.

Brandon and I had our own little adventure after that... we went to the outskirts of Denver to rescue the land cruiser. We were definitely a minority out there. Good thing we had each other. We are both cage fighters at night. Its just a little hobby we do. After a little birthday party and some baked potatoes we stayed up until 1 playing a card game. Brandon beat both Cody and I. He had double my score. He got me back from Sunday night where I beat him miserable.

Denver is someplace I could live. I might need to own a plane so I can fly to Boise a few times a month. But we are talking TARGET land down there. Everywhere I went I passed a Target. Heaven.

Little do the Co Co and the Brando know, I might come live in there spare bedroom, sleeping on their wood floors with the hide-a-bed's mattress (from the 70s) the only thing I have yet to find I can sleep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment