Monday, November 9, 2009

Low White Blood Cells

Yes it is true I have had the swine. I felt like I had been run over by the swine flu bus at least 15 times. After going to the doctor on Thursday, being diagnosed with a sinus infection, getting drugs, going home and then all of a sudden feeling like I was dieing, to having a high fever all Thursday night, to go back to the doc on Friday to get swabbed and blood drawn; they knew in less that a minute I was positive for it.

Doc said apparently (for what I was able to comprehend, high fever makes me a little loopy) I had really low white blood cells and so I had the sinus and probably got smacked down with the swine. She wants me to get more white blood cells, I'm a politician, I don't know magic, I will pray for more white blood cells. The beginning of the days of hell. I didn't move until Saturday morning, even then I still stayed in my bedroom.

I have had this view for 5 days. Previous post would have been nice to of had during this time spent in my bedroom. I was highly contagious and Amanda didn't really want to get sick. Lets be honest, I was asleep most of the time. I can't remember the last time I slept this much. But, I could still sleep more. I still have no energy to do anything.

The line up of the drugs. Don't forget the mask.
This is what I ate for 5 days. The $5 dollar milk shake tasted gross. I couldn't taste it. The lovely TV that was placed perfectly for me to change the movies (the first 3 days I couldn't do it myself I was so weak), I have watched approx. 13 movies as of right now. I still have this evening to watch more.


I finally got some hot mexican food because I couldn't taste anything, it looks gross, but it sure tasted good. I slept the rest of the evening that night.

The only adventure out was with Amanda in the smart car I had all weekend to play with but wasn't able to. Lame.
My servant/nurse/sister/only one willing to risk getting sick to take care of me. If she wouldn't have taken care of me I would have withered away in pain, not made it back to the doctor, not been able to get my drugs from the pharmacy, not had any sprite, cheese and crackers, plentiful movies, or someone to call me a piggy. I owe her my life. She worked overtime for me. I love her. Thanks Sis for saving my life and making sure I stayed alive during the night.


Don't let anyone tell you otherwise the swine is hell. To this day, the worst sickness beside pneumonia (which swine can turn into) was the swine. I felt like I can been run over by a semi truck and then had the truck back over me. If you can get the vaccine do it. I grew my little curly tail and will never do it again. Hopefully the doc says my white blood cell count is back up in 3 weeks.

3 comments:

  1. oh- good luck to you! my parents both had it too and said it was awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor you! That totally sucks, let me know if there is anything we can do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heavens lady. get better quick.
    ps the smart car looks soooooo fun. so jealous of you.
    pps i miss you.

    ReplyDelete